To register your product, you'll first have to create a Sony account.
A Sony account allows you to:
- enjoy offers and promotions
- get extensive product support via registration and the Support By Sony app
- connect and meet with the online Sony community.
How to create a Sony account
- First, enter a valid e-mail address
- Fill in your details
- Choose and confirm a password. Select a secret question and fill out a reply.
If you forget your password, you will be asked to confirm your date of birth.
In case you have set up a secret question in the past, you can still choose to use it to retrieve your password.
- Set up your email communication preferences.
- You will receive an e-mail with a link to activate your account.
To complete the registration, open the email and click on the link. The activation link will expire in 72 hours.
If the link expires, you will need to request another activation link. Here's an example of the e-mail:
- Once your account is activated, you can log in here
How to register a Sony product in My Sony
- After you've logged in, you'll be able to register all your Sony products.
Click on [Register a new product] in the side menu, or click the blue button.
- Fill out your product details. You can use the links available if you're unsure what your model name or serial number is.
- The search function works with either the model name or marketed name of your product
- A marketed name can differ from the official product name (e.g. Alpha 7 = ILCE-7)
- Entering your purchase date will help you remember your warranty period
- Once you've entered your correct product name, you will be prompted to provide the serial number, which is optional.
E.g. searching ‘a6000’ or ‘E-mount’:
- Once a product is registered, you'll be able to
- Rate & review your product
- Get quick one-click access to the product page which offers
- Help Guides & instruction manuals
- Firmware updates & software (product dependent)
- Tips & troubleshooting
- Quick one-click access to the Sony support repair page
- Easily see community discussions related to your product
How to use the express registration function
Alternatively, you can visit the Sony website and visit your product page.
Under the [Support & Product Registration] tab, you'll find a direct link that immediately guides you to the product registration page.