IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
Is your Sony 2020 Android TV rebooting continuously?
If your Sony Android TV is rebooting continuously, or in other words, it’s stuck in an endless restart loop, you might have to perform a forced factory reset.
The continuous reboot issue can happen when the TV software crashes after a firmware update, and you're unable to perform a standard factory reset.
If your TV starts to reboot continuously, it will display the following start-up screen:
How to perform a forced factory reset using the TV buttons
WARNING: A forced factory data reset will remove all customised settings in the TV, including downloaded applications, system data, channel sorting, and wireless network settings. Demo data for retail on ZH8 models will also be erased from internal storage. If you can access the TV menu, perform a factory data reset instead.
Before you start a forced factory reset
- This procedure may require two people.
- The location of the buttons will vary depending on your TV model.
- After performing the forced factory reset, you might be able to recover some of the application's data if apps are synced with your Google™ account. The steps to sync apps vary depending on the TV menu options:
- HOME → Settings → Device Preferences or Accounts & Sign-In → Google → Choose synced apps → Select items you want to sync with the account → Sync now.
- HOME → Settings → Google → Choose synced apps in Sync → Select the items you want to sync with the account → Sync now.
- HOME → Settings → Personal → Google → Choose synced apps in Sync → select the items you want to sync with the account → Sync now.
How to perform a forced factory data reset
First, determine the number of buttons on your TV. You can visit this link to identify the location of your TV’s button(s).
- Only one button on the TV: The (Power) button is located on the bottom center or left side of the TV when viewed from the front.
- Three buttons on the TV: The buttons are located on either the right or left side of the TV or on the back, depending on the model.
If you can't find the buttons on the TV, refer to the manual of your TV. Manuals are posted on your model's support page.
Follow the instructions according to the number of buttons on your TV.
I've performed a forced factory data reset, and I'm unable to tune the satellite
If you’re experiencing difficulties with satellite tuning after performing a factory reset, please visit our satellite tuning guide or consult this video:
If you’re still unable to tune, please contact us.