We have found that, for a small amount of the E-mount lens FE 16-35mm F2.8 GM “SEL1635GM” , the camera may not operate correctly when the applicable SEL1635GM lens is attached .
If you have one or more of the applicable products listed below, and they are subject to this rare phenomenon (described below in more detail), you will be eligible for our free check & repair program*. We will repair the affected lens, free of charge, until the 31st March 2023.
For more information, please check the details below.
We apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused, and thank you for your understanding.
* The free repair program only covers the failure of a specific electrical printed circuit board that causes this phenomenon. If another component causes the lens to malfunction, a service fee may apply.
- The camera may not operate correctly when the FE 16-35mm F2.8 GM lens is attached.
- The display on the rear monitor of the camera may not work correctly when the FE 16-35mm F2.8 GM lens is attached.
How to proceed:
- Only a limited quantity of the produced units are susceptible of being affected by this rare phenomenon. Please validate that your specific unit might indeed be affected using our Serial Number Checker.
- If you are experiencing these symptoms, and your Serial Number is validated, please go to a nearby Authorised Service Centre to proceed to the free repair (you will be redirected to an Authorised Service Centre locator if your Serial Number is validated)
Serial number checker list
Where can I find my serial number?
The production serial number is inscribed on the plate located on the side of the lens.
Application Period for Free Repair Program
- Valid until 31st March 2023