iOS 13.1 & WF-1000XM3 issues resolved
We’re glad to announce that a solution is available for the iOS13.1 issues (see previous post).
While Apple is releasing a new iOS 13.2 version (available as of November 5th, 2019), Sony will continue our original firmware update (now 1.3.7) for the WF-1000XM3 which we temporarily suspended to avoid further problems.
Firmware update 1.3.7 will enhance the connectivity with iOS and improves the compatibility with Windows 10 devices.
Where can I download this firmware?
As usual, the firmware will be distributed via the companion Headphones Connect app.
You can find more information on the WF-1000XM3 firmware page.
iOS13.1 & WF-1000XM3
Sony has unfortunately identified the following issues when using the WF-1000XM3 True Wireless Headphones in combination with Apple devices that are running the very recently released iOS version 13.1:
- The voice guidance language cannot be changed via the Headphones Connect app.
- The easy pairing function on the Headphones Connect app does not work
(You can still pair the WF-1000XM3 via the source device Bluetooth settings)
Update: this issue can be resolved by installing the newly released Headphones connect app. (v.6.0.1 01/10/2019)
- The software update function on the Headphones Connect app does not work.
(Accordingly, Sony has temporarily suspended the software download)
- Google Assistant doesn't work.
Prior iOS versions unimpacted
iOS13.1 was released on September 24th 2019.
- If you have already updated your iOS device to version 13.1, you can still enjoy music playback or change your sound settings on the Headphones Connect app.
- If you have not yet updated your iOS device and use version 13.0 or earlier, the issues mentioned above will not occur.
What will Sony do to resolve this?
Sony engineers are working on a firmware update countermeasure in collaboration with Apple to fix this as soon as possible:
- Update: Easy pairing is available again if you install the newly released Headphones Connect app. (v6.0.1) - released October 1, 2019
We want to thank you for your understanding and apologise for any inconvenience caused.
To stay informed, please regularly visit or bookmark this page. We will update it as new information becomes available.