We’re aware that you may be experiencing sound issues—via the ARC port connected to your Sound Bar, A/V Receiver or Home Theater System—when switching on your TV from standby.
Our engineers are currently investigating the root cause of the issue. To stay informed, please regularly visit or bookmark this page.
In the meantime, please try the following workarounds in numerical order. If the symptom(s) persists, we recommend using the next workaround in the list.
NOTE: Please set the Audio system prioritisation to on before following the workarounds below.
[HOME] > [Settings] > [Sound] > [Audio system prioritisation]
- Turn off your audio device using the audio remote control
- Turn off your TV using the TV remote control
- Turn on your TV using the TV remote
NOTE: The Audio device will turn on automatically via the BRAVIA Sync function (HDMI CEC).
- Change the Speakers settings by going to [HOME] > [Settings] > [Sound] > [Speakers] > [TV speakers]
- Turn off the TV with the TV remote control
- Turn on the TV with the TV remote control
NOTE: The Speakers settings will switch to [Audio system] automatically via the BRAVIA Sync function (HDMI CEC).
- Set the BRAVIA Sync control option to on by going to [HOME] > [Settings] > [External inputs] > [BRAVIA Sync settings] > [BRAVIA Sync control]
- Select [Yes] when [Remove recognized devices from the list] is displayed
NOTE: The BRAVIA Sync control will be switched off.
- Select BRAVIA Sync control again to switch it on
NOTE: The Speakers settings will switch to [Audio system] automatically.
- Please reset your TV
We thank you for your patience and apologise for any inconvenience caused.