IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
You can move the downloaded apps to a USB storage device to increase the memory space available on your Android TV™ device (a certain range of Android TVs).
Before You Start
WARNING! If you format a USB storage device, all data saved in it will be deleted. Back up your important data before you format it.
- Performing this procedure formats the USB memory device for exclusive use with the TV. You may not be able to use it with a computer or other devices.
- Some apps can't be moved to a USB storage device.
Move Downloaded Apps
- Connect a USB storage device to the TV.
- On the supplied remote control, press the HOME button.
- Select Settings or the icon.
- Under the TV category, select Storage & reset.
- Select the name of the USB storage device.
- Select Format as device storage or Erase & format as device storage.
- After formatting is completed, press the HOME button.
- Select Settings.
- Select Apps.
- Select the app that you want to move to the USB storage device.
- Select the USB storage device from the used storage.
- The app is moved to the USB memory device.
- Repeat steps 7 - 11 to move another app to the USB storage device.
*Android TV is a trademark of Google LLC.