A small amount of the FE 24-105mm F4 G OSS lenses (E-mount), will not focus correctly under certain shooting conditions like using the autofocus mode while shooting with a closed lens aperture, or when changing the lens aperture after performing a manual focus.
If you have one or more of the applicable products listed below, and they are subject to this rare phenomenon (described below in more detail), you will be eligible for our free repair program. We will repair the affected lens, free of charge, until the 31st March 2020.
For more information, please check the details below and contact us.
We apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused, and thank you for your understanding.
A small amount of the FE 24-105mm F4 G OSS lenses, (for our interchangeable-lens digital camera ? with E-mount), will not focus correctly when:
- Using autofocus mode while shooting with a close aperture
- Changing the lens aperture after performing a manual focus
How to proceed:
- Only a limited quantity of the produced units are susceptible of being affected by this rare phenomenon. Please validate that your specific unit might indeed be affected using our Serial Number Checker.
- If you are experiencing these symptoms, and your Serial Number is validated, please go to a nearby Authorised Service Center to proceed to the free repair (you will be redirected to an Authorised Service Center locator if your Serial Number is validated).
NOTE: Make sure you have your proof of purchase (such as the sales receipt) when going to an Authorised Service Center.
Where can I find my serial number?
The production serial number is inscribed on the plate located on the side of the lens.
Application Period for Free Repair Program
- Valid until 31st march 2020