Firmware availability for Sony’s 2015 and 2016 Android TVs (W75C, W80C, W85C, S80C, S85C, X80C, X83C, X85C, X90C, X91C, X93C, X94C, SD85, XD85, XD93 and XD94 Series) – 25th October 2017
We are pleased to announce that a new firmware update (3.925) will be released directly to your TV on the 25th October 2017, and will roll out gradually throughout November.
This new firmware further enhances the TV’s performance by offering the following upgrade:
- Improves TV response time when using the remote control
Other highlights include:
- Resolves an issue where the TV cannot connect to the Wi-Fi access point from standby mode
- Resolves a YouTube 4K playback issue (2560 x 1440 resolution or higher)
- Resolves an issue where the HDD is not detected for recording when the TV is in standby mode
- And more…
The recommended way to receive this update is by ensuring that the Automatic software download setting on your TV is turned ON. Your TV should then receive the update automatically, in the coming weeks.
Alternatively, you can download the firmware from the European support site, and update your TV using a USB flash memory device. For the full list of features and benefits or to download this firmware, please go to your specific TV product page.
Sony always takes customer feedback into consideration, striving for innovation and overall product quality.
[Applicable model series]
- 2015 (2K) Android TVs: W75C, W80C and W85C
- 2015 and 2016 (4K) Android TVs: S80C, S85C, X80C, X83C, X85C, X90C, X91C, X93C, X94C, SD85, XD85, XD93 and XD94 Series
Unsure which TV series your model belongs to? Here are some examples: