Firmware availability for Sony’s 2016 and 2017 Android TVs (XD70, XD75, XD80, SD80, XD83, ZD9, XE80, XE83, XE85, XE90, XE93, XE94 and A1 Series) – 25th October 2017
We are pleased to announce that a new firmware update (6.267) will be released directly to your TV on the 25th October 2017, and will roll out gradually throughout November.
This firmware introduces new features, further enhancing the TV’s performance, while improving on the existing functionalities:
- Introduces How-to videos in the BRAVIA Recommendations shelf
- Introduces compatibility with Amazon Alexa-enabled devices (UK only)
- Improves TV response time when using the remote control
- Improves user experience when setting up Samba TV service
- And more…
The recommended way to receive this update is by ensuring that the Automatic software download setting on your TV is turned ON. Your TV should then receive the update automatically, in the coming weeks.
Alternatively, you can download the firmware from the European support site, and update your TV using a USB flash memory device. For the full list of features and benefits or to download this firmware, please go to your specific TV product page.
Sony always takes customer feedback into consideration, striving for innovation and overall product quality.
[Applicable TV model series]
- 2016 Android TVs: XD70, XD75, XD80, SD80, XD83 and ZD9 Series
- 2017 Android TVs: XE80, XE83, XE85, XE90, XE93, XE94 and A1 Series
Unsure which TV series your model belongs to? Here are some examples: