This is a step-by-step guide how to perform a basic tuning for single antenna (LNB) satellite.
IMPORTANT: Before you begin with the tuning procedure, you will need the basic details of your satellite system (which satellite is received or how the signal is distributed from satellite antenna to TV, for example). This information can be retrieved by contacting your broadcast and satellite antenna provider.
The below procedure applies to all of our Sony's Android televisions. However, depending on your TV model, slight differences between the layout of the remote control and the menu interface may occur.
If you need further guidance at any point, you can find out more information in your TV's built-in Help Guide, or by navigating to the Support-page of your TV model.
|Use the arrow buttons on your remote to navigate around the TV menu.||Select options by pressing the "plus" button. This is the round button in the centre of the circular Menu area of your remote.|
- Switch on the TV, and make sure the satellite antenna (aerial) cable is properly connected to the TV.
Press the [HOME] button of your remote controller.
Go to the Settings menu, located at the bottom of the Home screen.
Select Channel Setup → Digital Setup → Satellite Set-up → Digital Satellite Tuning.
- When asked "Do you want to start Digital Satellite Tuning?", select Yes.
- You will be asked to select your satellite antenna configuration.
In Antenna Configuration choose between Fixed antenna, DiSEqC or Single Cable distribution and select Next.
- In this step you will be asked to choose between two satellite channel lists: Preferred Satellite or General Satellite.
- Preferred Satellite contains a channel list from the selected broadcast provider, together with some default parameters to help with the channel tuning.
- General Satellite will show all channels of the selected satellite antenna. The receiving and tuning parameters are using the default settings, and may need to be amended according to the type of installation.
We recommend to select Preferred Satellite.
- In the next step you will see a list of providers. Select your satellite provider.
NOTE: If you cannot find your preferred provider in the list, go back to the previous page and select General Satellite as mentioned in Step 7.
- You will now be able to set the network parameters by selecting the satellite from the list. For a basic setup keep the default settings.
NOTE: Some parameters can be changed in the tuning for Preferred Satellite, and all parameters can be changed in the tuning for General Satellite. Consult your broadcast provider and your satellite antenna system provider for specific information of which settings you need to set.
- Select Start.
The TV will now start tuning. This process may take may take up to one hour to complete, depending on the selected configuration.