Check the wireless setup on your tablet Note: This assumes that the wireless network name, password, and security type are known and that the network itself is working fine. Other devices, such as a smart phone or notebook should be able to connect to your network. It is recommended to keep a written record of your wireless network details for later reference.
- Tap [ Apps & Widgets] - [ Wi-Fi checker]. Wi-Fi checker app starts.
- Tap [Test] at the top right of the screen to start checking the connection.
Items are checked in succession, and assumed causes and remedies are displayed. Please follow the instructions.
If this does not solve the issue, check connection with the Tablet close to the router
Note: Distance and obstacles, such as walls, floors, doors and appliances affect wireless connections. Other wireless networks can impair your wireless connection, especially when using the same channels.
- If the tablet connects to your wireless network while it is close to your router, but not while further away from it, it is recommended to test using other wireless channels and verifying the assembly and placement of the router's antennae. Please refer to your router's manual for more information.
- If your tablet still does not connect to your router while next to it, check if the router uses MAC-address filtering
Note: MAC address filtering uses a network adapter's hardware address to allow or deny access. This is configured in your router's configuration panel.
- If you have previously added other wireless devices or allowed friends to use your wireless network without having to make any change in the router configuration, we can assume that MAC address filtering is not used and proceed to next step.
- If you are not sure, please refer to your router's user manual and use the information presented there to either confirm that MAC address filtering not used, disable it or add the tablet to the list of permitted devices. To find the tablet's MAC address, tap Apps, Settings, About tablet and then Status. A popup window will open, scroll down to see the Wi-Fi MAC address.
If this solution does not work, reset the tablet .