Before using the steps in this article, please make sure of the following:
- Check that the Internet video device that you want to register is compatible with Video & TV SideView app.
- Also check that the Internet video device and the smartphone or tablet are connected to the same network.
- Finally, make sure the Video & TV SideView app has been downloaded to the smartphone or tablet from the Google Play store or the iTunes website.
- Notification to Android OS 4.0.x and iOS 7 users
Starting with version 4.0, Video & TV SideView will only be available on Android OS 4.1 / iOS 8 or later. Please be aware that if your device is running Android OS 4.0.x / iOS 7.0, you will not be able to run Video & TV SideView Ver. 4.0 or any subsequent versions.
You will still be able to continue running TV SideView Ver. 3.0 on Android OS 4.0.x / iOS 7.0. However, the Google Play or App Store will not provide any earlier versions of TV SideView, so if you uninstall TV SideView Ver. 3.0 from a device running Android OS 4.0.x / iOS 7.0, be aware that you will not be able to install the same version again.
- From the applications menu of the smartphone or tablet, open the Video & TV SideView app.
- Tap or select the Devices icon.
- Tap or select Add.
- From the list of unregistered devices that appears, select the Internet video device that you want to register.
- If the Internet video device that you want to register does not appear on the list, examine whether it is turned on and still connected to the same network as the smartphone or tablet.
- Additional troubleshooting information is available on the Video & TV SideView app website.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to register the Internet video device.