IMPORTANT: Before beginning this procedure make sure you have downloaded and installed the latest version of the PlayMemories Mobile (PMM) app to your iOS device. You can get it from the App Store on your Apple iOS device.
- Turn on the camera.
- Press the Playback button.
- Press the MENU button.
- Select Playback icon.
- Select View on Smartphone.
- Select one of the desired displayed options.
- This Image
- All Images on This Date
- All Images in The Device
NOTE: The SSID, Password, and Device Name appears on the camera LCD screen after selecting the desired option.
- On the iOS device, select Settings.
- Select Wi-Fi Networks (ON).
- Touch DIRECT-xxxx:NEX-xxxx displayed on the screen of the iOS device.
- Type the password displayed on the LCD screen of the camera into the iOS device.
- Start the PMM app.
- PMM automatically connects to the camera.
- After the wireless connection is established, thumbnail images from the camera display in the PMM app.
- Multiple devices running PMM cannot connect to the camera simultaneously. A Connecting message may display on the other devices, but a connection will not be established. The camera connects to the device that first accessed the PMM app.
- Touch the thumbnail images of the pictures you want to transfer.
- Touch Copy.
IMPORTANT: If the pictures are not being saved by the iOS device when touching Copy, make sure that the check box in the upper-left corner is marked.
NOTE: After the transfer is complete, a message advising to end the Wi-Fi function of the device is displayed.