Full Specifications & Features
ILCA-68 Body / Kit
Full Specifications & Features
Size & Weight
- Dimensions (W x H x D)
- Approx. 142.6 x 104.2 x 82.8 mm
- Weight (with battery and memory card included)
- 596 g (Body Only) / 675 g (With battery and media)
- Lens Mount
- Sony A-mount
- Lens Compatibility
- Sony A-mount lenses, operation with Minolta/Konica Minolta lenses confirmed
- Sensor Type
- APS-C type (23.5 x 15.6mm) Exmor™ CMOS sensor
- Sensor Type
- APS-C type (23.5 x 15.6mm) Exmor™ CMOS sensor
- Number Of Pixels (Effective)
- Approx.24.2 MP
- Number of Pixels (total)
- Approx.24.8 MP
- Image Sensor Aspect Ratio
- Anti-Dust System
- Smart zoom (Still Image)
- M: Approx. 1.4x, S: Approx. 2
- Digital zoom (Still Image)
- L: Approx. 4x, M: Approx. 5.7x, S: Approx. 8
- Digital zoom (Movie)
- Yes (4x)
Recording (still images)
- Recording Format (Still images)
- JPEG (DCF Ver. 2.0, Exif Ver. 2.3, MPF Baseline compliant), RAW (Sony ARW 2.3 format)
- Image Size (pixels), 3:2
- L: 6000 x 4000 (24M), M: 4240 x 2832 (12M), S: 3008 x 2000 (6.0M)
- Image Size (pixels), 16:9
- L: 6000 x 3376 (20M), M: 4240 x 2400 (10M), S:3008 x 1688 (5.1M)
- Image Size (pixels), Sweep Panorama
- Standart Horizontal 8,192 x 1,856 (15M), Vertical 3,872 x 2,160 (8.4M) Wide Horizontal 12,416 x 1,856 (23M), Vertical 5,536 x 2,160 (12M)
- Image Quality Modes
- RAW, RAW & JPEG, JPEG Extra fine, JPEG Fine, JPEG Standard
- Creative Style
- Standard, Vivid, Neutral, Clear, Deep, Light, Portrait, Landscape, Sunset, Night Scene, Autumn leaves, Black & White, Sepia, Style Box (1-6), (Contrast (-3 to +3 steps), Saturation
- Dynamic Range Functions
- Off, Dynamic Range Optimizer (Auto/Level(1-5)), Auto High Dynamic Range(Auto Exposure Difference, Exposure difference Level (1-6EV, 1.0EV step))
- Recording Format
- XAVC S / AVCHD 2.0 / MP4
- Video Compression
- XAVC S:MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 XAVC S, AVCHD:MPEG-4 AVC/H.264, MP4:MPEG-4 AVC/H.264
- Audio Recording Format
- XAVC S:LPCM 2ch AVCHD:Dolby Digital (AC-3) 2ch, Dolby Digital Stereo Creator
- Movie Functions
- AF Drive Speed, AF Tracking Duration, Audio Level Display, Audio Rec Level, Auto Slow Shutter, HDMI Info. Display
- Face Detection
- On/ On (Regist. Faces) / Off
- Auto Object Framing
- Yes (Still Images)
- Clear Image Zoom
- Yes (approx.2x)
- Lens Compensation
- BIONZ X™
- Compatible Recording Media
- Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo™, Memory Stick PRO Duo™, Memory Stick XC-HG Duo, SD, SDHC, SDXC memory cards (UHS-I compliant)
- Noise Reduction
- Long exposure NR: On/Off , available of shutter speeds longer than 1 sec., High ISO NR: Normal/Low/Off selectable
- Multi Frame NR
- White Balance Modes
- Auto, Daylight, Shade, Cloudy, Incandescent, Fluorescent (Warm White / Cool White / Day White / Daylight), Flash, Color temperature (2500 to 9900K), Color Filter (G7 to M7, A7 to B7), Custom (1 / 2 / 3), Custom Set
- 3 frames, H/L selectable
- Focus Sensor
- CCD line sensors
- Focus Sensitivity Range
- EV -2 to 18 (at ISO 100 equivalent)
- AF Mode
- Single-shot AF (AF-S), Continuous AF (AF-C), Automatic AF (AF-A)
- Focus Area
- Wide, Zone, Center, Flexible Spot, Expanded Flexible Spot, Lock-On AF (Wide, Zone, Center, Flexible Spot, Expanded Flexible Spot)
- Other Features
- Eye-start AF, Eye AF, Predictive control, Focus lock, AF On
- Built-in, auto pop-up
- AF Illuminator range
- Approx. 1m - 5m / Approx. 3.3 to 16.4 feet
- Metering Type
- 1200-zone evaluative metering
- Metering Sensor
- Exmor™ CMOS Sensor
- Metering Mode
- Multi segment, Spot, Center weighted
- Exposure Modes
- AUTO (Intelligent Auto / Superior Auto), Scene Selection, Sweep Panorama, Continuous Advance Priority AE, Movie, Programmed AE, Aperture priority, Shutter-speed priority, Manual, Memory recall
- Scene Selection
- Portrait, Landscape, Macro, Sports Action, Sunset, Night Portrait, Night Scene, Hand-held Twilight
- Exposure Compensation
- +/-5.0 EV (1/3EV, 1/2EV steps selectable)
- Auto (AE) Bracketing
- Bracket: Cont./Bracket: Single, With 1/3EV, 1/2EV, 2/3EV, 1.0EV, 2.0EV, 3.0EV increments, 3 /5 frames
- AE Lock
- AE is also locked when focus is locked in multi-segment metering mode. ("AEL w/ shutter"(Auto/On/Off) is supported) Available with AE lock button
- ISO Sensitivity (Recommended Exposure Index)
- Movie: ISO100 - 12800 equivalent(1/3 EV step), AUTO ( ISO 100-12800 equivalent, selectable the lower limit and the upper limit), Still Image: ISO100 - 25600 (1/3 EV step), AUTO ( ISO 100-25600, selectable the lower limit and the upper limit)
- Viewfinder Type
- 0.39"-type electronic viewfinder
- Number of Dots
- 1 440 000 dots
- Approx. 0.88x (35mm camera equivalent: Approx. 0.57x) with 50mm lens at infinity, -1m
style name="sup" -1 /style
- Dioptre Adjustment
- -4.0 to +3.0m
style name="sup" -1 /style
- Eye Point
- Approx. 26.5mm from the eyepiece lens, 23mm from the eyepiece frame at -1
style name="sup" -1 /style (CIPA standard)
- Monitor Type
- 2.7" type TFT LCD
- Total Number of Dots
- 460 800 dots
- Brightness Control (LCD)
- Manual (5 steps between -2 and +2)
- Shutter Type
- Electronically-controlled, vertical-traverse, focal-plane type
- Shutter Speed
- Still images: 1/4000 to 30 sec/Bulb;Movies: 1/4000 to 1/4 (1/3 step), up to 1/60 in AUTO mode (up to 1/30 in Auto slow shutter mode)
- Flash Sync. Speed
- 1 / 160 sec.
- Flash Compensation
- +/- 3.0 EV (switchable between 1/3 and 1/2 EV steps)
- Flash Modes
- Flash off, Autoflash, Fill-flash, Slow sync, Red-eye reduction (on/off selectable), Rear sync.,Wireless, High Speed sync.
- Drive Modes
- Single Shooting, Continuous shooting (Hi/Lo selectable), Self-timer (10/2 sec delay selectable), Self-timer (Cont.) (with 10 sec delay 3/5 exposures selectable), Bracket: Cont., Bracket: Single, White Balance bracket, DRO bracket
- Continuous Drive Speed (approx. max.)
- Continuous Advance Priority AE: Max. 8fps, Continuous shooting Hi: Max. 5fps, Continuous shooting Lo: Max. 2.5fps
- Multi Interface Shoe
- Microphone minijack; Multi/Micro USB Terminal; Multi Interface Shoe
- Supplied Battery
- NP-FM500H M-series Rechargeable Battery Pack
- Battery Life (Still Images)
- Up to 580 shots
- Body Material
- Specifications and features are subject to change without notice.
What's In The Box
- Accessory shoe cap
- Battery charger BC-VM10A
- Body cap
- Eyepiece cup
- Micro USB cable
- Power cord
- Rechargeable Battery NP-FM500H
- Shoulder strap
Wide & Fast AF system
A 79-point phase-detection AF system (including 15 cross points) has points widely placed within the most frequently used central area of the frame. It keeps tracking and fast autofocusing on a moving subject.
Sophisticated AF algorithm in tracking
High performance in tracking moving subjects to enable continuous autofocus even during continuous shooting at 8fps .
Superior AF in low light
Autofocus performs well in low-light conditions as low as EV -2, which is equivalent to a moonlit night in which the naked eye has difficulty seeing objects.
AF Area modes
For autofocusing, you can choose among Wide, Zone, Center, Flexible Spot, Expand Flexible Spot and Lock-on AF area mode, which allows precise focus tracking of a subject by optimising target frame size and ensuring use of the optimal AF point.
AF Range Control
Locks autofocusing to a specified range of distance from the camera for sharp results, even if the target is obscured momentarily by another passing object.
Face Detection and Eye AF
Face Detection with Face Registration can detect up to eight faces in a scene, and adjust exposure, white balance, flash and other settings for beautiful portraits. Eye AF further assures sharp focusing on the face by detecting an eye to focus on.
Proprietary Translucent Mirror Technology
Sony’s unique design replaces a DSLR moving mirror with a fixed translucent mirror, which enables fast shooting with continuous use of accurate phase detection AF.
Full-time Continuous AF during Full HD movie shooting
Records with superior speed and precision of full-time continuous phase-detection autofocusing, even during Full HD movie shooting, thanks to proprietary Translucent Mirror Technology.
In-body image stabilisation
Effective image stabilisation for any compatible lens, throughout the entire focal length range. Helps stabilize the viewfinder image while the shutter button is halfway pressed.
24.2 MP APS-C Exmor CMOS sensor
The large Exmor CMOS image sensor with approximately 24.2 MP boosts sensitivity and reduces noise with gapless on-chip lens design eliminating the gaps between micro-lenses to collect more light.
Wide max. ISO 100-25600 sensitivity range
The wide maximum sensitivity ranges of ISO 100-25600 for stills and ISO 100-12800 for movies let you shoot natural-looking, low-noise results even in low light
BIONZ X image processing engine
The processor handles enormous amounts of sensor data to allow high-speed shooting of superb low-noise images. Advanced built-in features include detail reproduction technology to produce more realistic images, diffraction-reduction to correct blurred details, and area-specific noise reduction for clearer, more finely detailed images even at high ISO settings. Area-spciefic Noise Reduction selectively divides the image into areas based on patterns (such as edges, textures and evenly coloured-areas like blue skies), then applies the most appropriate noise reduction for each area.
Supports 50Mbps XAVC S format
For extremely high image quality and minimal noise, record movies in the high-bit-rate XAVC S format, which enables Full HD image recording at 50Mbps (60p/50p, 30p/25p, 24p).
Creative movie function
There's more to auto and manual operation than meets the eye. AF functions are ever-reliable, and P/A/S/M exposure modes offer great creative control. Audio level display and rec level control on viewfinder/LCD screen make microphone/recording levels easy to screen and adjust while shooting. Fine-tune images by choosing among 20 Picture Effect and 13 Creative Style settings.
Top Display Panel
This "must have" feature of this midrange camera facilitates quick, easy setting and confirmation, especially with a tripod setup.
Tiltable LCD screen
Tiltable LCD screen (2.7-type) to clearly shoot at max.135 degrees up and 55 degrees down, enables shooting over the heads of people in crowds, or on the ground for a startling view of pets and flowers. Brightness is adjustable.
The control wheel on back is popular among α7 series camera users, and you can modify its functionality according to shooting intention for quick changes of camera settings as you look at the viewfinder.
OLED Tru-Finder with 100% frame coverage
OLED advantages of tonal gradation, colour reproduction and contrast, this electronic viewfinder makes it easy to view true-to-life images. It also lets you compare different effects of setting changes, as well as use MF Assist and a Preview function to fine-tune focus and preview shots, including those with defocusing effects.
Customisable function buttons
Assign frequently used functions to the customisable buttons of your choice. Easily reassign 11 buttons to activate any of 49 functions for faster, more intuitive operation.
Multi Interface Shoe and Multi Terminal
The Multi Interface Shoe lets you mount wide-ranging accessories including a high-capacity flash unit a video light or shotgun microphone for enhanced movie shooting and more.
Color tabs in setting menu
Each tab in setting MENU has a color on the tab for an intuitive operation.
Works with iMovie and Final Cut Pro X
This product is compatible with Final Cut Pro X and iMovie.
Imaging Edge™ Viewer and Edit
Elevate your photography with Imaging Edge desktop applications. Use "Viewer" to quickly preview, rate, and select photos from large image libraries; and "Edit" to develop RAW data into high-quality photos for delivery. Get the best from Sony RAW files, and manage your productions more efficiently.
Capture One (for Sony)
Capture One Express (for Sony) is a free award-winning image editing software that provides high-end image quality RAW development, easy management of your image files, and powerful editing tools. Capture One Pro (for Sony) can be bought for even more editing tools and tethered shooting capability.