Full Specifications & Features
Full Specifications & Features
- Sensor Type
- 1/2.3" type (7.82mm) Exmor R™ CMOS sensor
- Number of Pixels (Effective)
- Lens type
- Sony G Lens
- F-number (Maximum Aperture)
- F3.5 (W) - 6.3 (T)
- Focal length (f=)
- f=4.3-129 mm
- Focus Range (From the Front of the Lens)
- 5 cm - Infinity (W), 2 m - Infinity (T)
- Optical Zoom
- Clear Image Zoom (Still Image)
- Still Image: 20M Approx. 60x / 10M Approx. 85x / 5M Approx. 120x / 0.3M Approx. 486x / 15M (16:9) Approx. 60x / 2M (16:9) Approx. 162x; Movie: Approx. 60x
- Screen Type
- Segment LCD
- Image Processing Engine
- BIONZ X™
- Focus Mode
- Single-shot AF, Touch AF
- Light Metering Mode
- Multi Pattern
- ISO Sensitivity (Still Image)(Recommended Exposure Index)
- ISO 80-12800
- White Balance Modes
- Auto, Daylight, Cloudy, Fluor: Cool White / Day white / Daylight, Incandescent
- Shutter Speed
- iAuto(1/1600-4) / Program Auto(1/1600-1) / Aperture Priority(1/1600-8) / Shutter Priority(1/1600-30)
- Shooting Mode
- Superior Auto, Intelligent Auto, Program Auto, Aperture Priority, Shutter Speed Priority, Movie Mode
- Continuous Shooting Speed (maximum) (with max. recording pixels)
- 10 fps (for up to 10 shots)
- 10sec. / 2sec.
- Compatible Recording Media
- Memory Stick Micro, Memory Stick Micro (Mark2), microSD Memory Card, microSDHC Memory Card, microSDXC Memory Card
- Recording Format
- Still Images: JPEG (DCF, Exif, MPF Baseline) compliant
- Movie Recording Mode (NTSC)
- MP4 (up to 1,920 x 1,080/60fps)
- Still Image Resolution
- 3:2 mode: 18M (5,184×3,456) / 8.9M (3,648×2,432) / 4.5M (2,592×1,728); 4:3 mode: 20M (5,184×3,888) / 10M (3,648×2,736) / 5M (2,592×1,944) /0.3M (640x480); 16:9 mode: 15M (5,184×2,920) / 7.5M (3,648×2,056) / 2.1M (1,920×1,080); 1:1 mode: 15M (3,888×3,888) / 7.5M (2,736×2,736) / 3.7M (1,920×1,920)
- Movie Resolution
- MP4: 28M PS (1,920x1080/60fps)/ 16M HQ (1,920x1080/30fps)
- Input and Output Terminals
- Hi-Speed USB (USB 2.0), Multi/Micro USB Terminal
- Wi-Fi Connectivity
- NFC One-touch functionality, Wi-Fi
- BATTERY LIFE(STILL IMAGES)(CIPA)
- Up to 200 shots / 100 minutes
- Supplied Battery
- Rechargeable Battery Pack NP-BN
- Shooting Functions
- Face Detection
Size & Weight
- DIMENSIONS (W X H X D) (APPROX.)
- 68.4 x 65.1 x 57.6 mm
- WEIGHT (CIPA COMPLIANT)
- 178 g (Body only), 193 g (With battery and media)
In The Box
- PlayMemories Home
What's In The Box
- Rechargeable Battery Pack NP-BN
- Micro USB cable
- Wrist Strap
- Smartphone attachment
- Quick Start Guide
- Reference Guide
30x optical zoom/60x Clear Image zoom for super close-ups
Capture everything from broad landscapes to faraway subjects, thanks to the powerful 24mm* to 720mm zoom range. The camera’s 60x Clear Image zoom feature digitally doubles the magnification of your camera’s optical lens without decreasing pixel count, so you can capture smooth, detailed shots at any distance.
Lock-on autofocus and continuous shooting
Get crystal clear photos that are always in focus. Lock-on autofocus (AF) automatically adjusts the target frame size based on subject characteristics – so you get an in-focus shot no matter what's happening. The lens-style camera also delivers high-speed continuous shooting of up to 10 fps, and detailed images of 20MP, even when the action’s fast.
Optical SteadyShot image stabilisation
Built-in Optical SteadyShot technology keeps your image stable even when your hands aren’t. By compensating for the minor hand motions that can cause blurring and distortion, SteadyShot ensures brilliant photographic results even in challenging low-light conditions. Switch to SteadyShot Active mode for sharp, blur-free movie shooting.
Full HD 60p beauty in motion
Keep your footage smooth and sharp – even when panning and shooting moving subjects – and record 60p movies at the camera's full resolution.
20.4MP Exmor R™ CMOS sensor for detailed images
Bring out the detail in your photos – even when shooting in low-light conditions. A back-illuminated Exmor™ R CMOS sensor has a wide receptive area to allow more light and detail into every frame. Capture the scene in 20.4MP of high-resolution detail for beautiful pictures every time.
BIONZ X™ for superior detail and texture
Sony's image processing engine faithfully reproduces textures and details, as seen by the naked eye, via extra high-speed processing. Together with front-end LSI (large scale integration), that accelerates processing, BIONZ X enables more natural details, more realistic images, richer tonal gradations, and lower noise whether you're shooting photos or movies.
Sony G Lens for a refined level of performance
The Sony G Lens is optimised to perfectly complement the advanced image sensors and processing technology of this lens-style camera. You get the power and control to achieve superior in-focus image quality, as well as beautiful defocused backgrounds (bokeh).
Wi-Fi gives you wireless freedom
Easily transfer movies and more from your camera to your Android or iOS smartphone or tablet by simply connecting to Wi-Fi. Then quickly upload your videos to your favourite websites and social media networks so friends and family can see the action.
Intuitive control with Imaging Edge Mobile
Turn your smartphone or tablet into a remote commander and enjoy easy camera control, thanks to Imaging Edge Mobile. A clean user interface gives you simple one-handed operation of all your camera settings - including exposure, shutter release, and zoom – making it ideal for group photos.
Get a different view with versatile lens placement
Enjoy taking photos from different points of view. Set up your lens-style camera in previously tough-to-reach spots, then take control – including zoom, framing, and capture– using your mobile device. Keep a firm grip for versatile shooting with the help of the optional Free Angle Shooting Kit (ADP-FSK1).
Mount the camera on your smartphone/tablet
Turning your smartphone or tablet into a high performance camera is easy: simply mount the lens-style camera on your mobile device and start shooting. Once mounted, your device becomes the camera body: use the touchscreen to capture shots, retouch images, and even share photos with friends and family on Facebook® and Twitter™.
Easy storage, transfers and sharing
Never worry about losing your snaps – your photos are automatically saved to both the lens-style camera and your smartphone or tablet as you take them. Simply install the Imaging Edge Mobile app to export photos from your camera to your smartphone or tablet via Wi-Fi. From there, you’re free to organise, edit, and share with friends and family, or to upload to your favourite social networking site and share with the world.
Superior Auto knows what you’re shooting
There’s no shoot too challenging. Superior Auto mode automatically recognises various types of environments and adjusts camera settings accordingly to optimise every shot. You camera will activate functions such as continuous shooting and Auto HDR when conditions are challenging, so you can capture the shot with ease.
Mount on a tripod for flexible shooting
Shoot long exposures and stunning landscapes with total confidence. Simply mount the lens-style camera on a tripod and get greater stability than you would with handheld shots. Tricky terrain, low-light photography, and group shots all become easier when you connect the lens-style camera to a tripod.
View your photos in TRILUMINOS™ colour
See your photos and videos in rich, natural colour when you share them on the big screen. This lens-style camera supports Sony’s TRILUMINOS colour technology – see your favourite snaps in realistic colour when viewing them on a TV with a TRILUMINOS display. An expanded colour gamut means reds, aqua blues, and emerald greens are displayed beautifully for vivid landscapes. Faces look better, too, thanks to the natural replication of skin tones.
Live-View Remote 2 accessory for multi-camera control
Manage up to five cameras using the optional Live View Remote. Check viewing angles on the wrist-mounted colour monitor with a glance, start/stop recording on five cameras at once and change settings simultaneously on all units. No cables needed, thanks to built-in Wi-Fi.
Multi-ratio aspects for flexible shooting
Make photos that stand out from the crowd with a choice of different aspect ratios. Choose from conventional digital photo shapes like 3:2 and 4:3, as well as 16:9 widescreen or square for still images just the way you want them.