SEP-30BT Firmware Upgrade Program Download Service
About this download
Please read carefully the following notes.
Downloading and installing Rolly Remote 1.0 on the computer, and upgrading the firmware of the Rolly unit, will enable you to remote control Rolly from your computer.
Establishing a BLUETOOTH connection in the BLUETOOTH control mode between the computer* and Rolly will enable you to use the following functions by remote controlling Rolly with your computer*:
- You will be able to open the Rolly Track list and see the music track title currently playing.
- You will be able to play back music after choosing a music track in Rolly and let the Rolly unit move freely (forth, back, and rotate, etc.) in conjunction with the music.
- You will be able to enjoy music or motions connecting up to 7 Rolly units at the same time**.
* Please download and install Rolly Remote on your computer first. The BLUETOOTH-equipped computer must support a SSP profile to establish a BLUETOOTH connection in the BLUETOOTH control mode. The BLUETOOTH connection is not necessarily supported on all computers with the same profiles as those of this unit.
**Depending on the computer, Rolly Remote cannot connect up to seven Rolly units at the same time .
Click here to go to Rolly Remote 1.0 Download Service.
Sound Entertainment Player Rolly SEP-30BT
Target PC environments
- Windows Vista® Ultimate (including Service Pack 1)
- Windows Vista® Business (including Service Pack 1)
- Windows Vista® Home Premium (including Service Pack 1)
- Windows Vista® Home Basic (including Service Pack 1)
- Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 (Service Pack 2 or later)
- Windows XP Media Center Edition 2004 (Service Pack 2 or later)
- Windows XP Professional (Service Pack 2 or later)
- Windows XP Home Edition (Service Pack 2 or later)
Supported operating systems are limited to the English version. The 64 bit version of the operating system is not supported. Operating systems other than the indicated above are not supported.
For Windows Vista, 800MHz Pentium III or higher. For Windows XP, 450MHz Pentium III or higher.
For Windows Vista, 512MB or more (1GB or more is recommended). For Windows XP, 265MB or more (512MB or more is recommended)
1024×768 dots or more and high color (16bit) or more (Setting 256 colors or less may result in incorrect performance.).
How to update ?
To install this software in Windows XP/ Windows Vista, please log on using a user name with "Computer Administrators" or "Administrators" privileges.
Please follow the steps below to download the firmware upgrade program:
- Connect the computer to the internet.
- Set up the folder for storing the downloaded file on your hard disk. Assume the folder created here is named FWUP and it is made in C drive.
- Download the following file into the folder created at Step 2: SEP-30BT_V2_00.exe (3,115KB)
- The standard download time is about 1 minute through 1Mbps communication, about 8 minutes through 56kbps communication. Depending on internet environment, it may take considerable time and your understanding is appreciated.
(After reading these instructions and clicking the “Download” button on the bottom of this page, the downloading of above file will start. Follow the instructions displayed in the on-screen dialog box.)
- After the download is completed, select Views - Details in the Explorer to check the file size. If the file size is the same as shown above, the download has been completed successfully. If the size is not the same as shown above, delete the file and try to download it again.
Do not leave your computer on standby/hibernation mode while downloading the file.
Once the download is completed, please follow the steps below to upgrade the unit.
When upgrading, the unit needs to have about 10MB of free space.
To check the free space of the computer:
- Start Rolly Choreographer.
- Connect Rolly to the computer.
- Check the memory in Rolly Status View
Also, please transfer all tracks and motion files from the unit to the computer in advance, since the tracks and motion files may be lost when upgrading the unit. We cannot guarantee that the tracks and the motion files will not be damaged or deleted if they remain on the unit when upgrading.
- Connect the unit to the computer.
- Close all software running on Windows.
- Windows Vista users:
Click the Start button on the task bar of the computer and click on Run... followed by All Programs - Accessory .
Windows XP users:
Click the Start button on the task bar of the computer and click on Run.. . The "Run..." dialog box will be opened.
- Input C:\FWUP\SEP-30BT_V2_00.exe in the Open text box and click OK . The upgrade program will be started.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
Please do not disconnect the unit from the computer while the update is in progress.
During upgrading, USB disconnection and connection are automatically controlled and the "Connecting USB" indication is turned off. Also, the USB disconnecting message may appear on some computers.
- When the message appears that the upgrade is completed, click the Finish button.
- Start Rolly Choreographer when the upgrade is finished.
- Click Device Info followed by Tool - Rolly Settings menu. Check if 2.00 is displayed as Rolly firmware version.