Sony USB Patch for Windows 2000
How to update ?
Installing the USB driver patch for Win2000 problem
Note : Only install this patch if Windows 2000 is malfunctioning after installing the USB driver.
If you can manage to load Windows and download the patch program into the system where the problem occurs, follow the steps below.
- Put the file [USB_upd.exe] on the Desktop.
- Double-click on the [USB_upd.exe] icon to execute.
- When [Update finished succesfully] appears, the installation is finished.
- Restart the computer. (This program is not effective until you restart the computer.)
In case the Operating system can not be loaded, and therefore the patch
program cannot be downloaded, please download the program using another
computer and save it to a FD or other media.
Then, follow the steps below to execute the patch program in the system having the problem.
- Turn on the computer.
- The system stops loading halfway, indicating error messages.
- After "svchost.exe - Application error" or other messages appear, press the [Ctrl], [Alt], [Delete] keys at the same time.
- [Windows Security] screen appears.
- Click the [Task Manager] button.
- [Windows Task Manager] appears.
- Select [File] -> [New Task (Run...)] from the menu bar.
- In [Create New Task] screen, click the [Browse...] button and locate the patch program file [USB_upd.exe]*, and click the [OK] button to execute.
* For example, if the patch program file is in a FD, insert the FD into the computer's drive and locate the file in the FD drive from the [Browse] screen. If the [Browse] screen is hidden under the error messages displayed, please close the error messages.
When [Update finished succesfully] appears, the installation is finished. Close the [Windows Task Manager] screen and error dialog screens (if any). If [Restore Active Desktop] appears, please restore it accordingly.
Restart the computer. (This program is not effective until you restart the computer.)
Compatible Operating Systems
- Windows 2000