Download tool for Bloggie Software
About this download
About this download (25/11/2011)
Thank you for your continued interest in Sony products.
Sony is always concerned about quality and customer satisfaction and therefore is offering SPU Download Manager, which lets you download Bloggie Software in case you deleted it from the internal memory of your bloggie™ Mobile HD snap camera.
Compatible Operating Systems
- Windows XP SP3 (32-bit)*1
- Windows Vista SP1 (32-bit / 64-bit)*2
- Windows 7 (32-bit / 64-bit / Starter)
*1. 64-bit editions and/or Starter are not supported. *2. Starter is not supported. Note:For details on the supported OS and system requirements of Bloggie Software, please refer to the manual supplied with your bloggie™ Mobile HD snap camera.
- Bloggie cameras with Bloggie Software installed in their internal memory
How to update ?
To download Bloggie Software with SPU Download Manager, your camera needs to be connected to the computer via USB. Please connect the camera to the computer with the supplied USB connection support cable.
Step 1: Download SPU Download Manager
- SPU Download Manager transfers the information on your computer’s OS, the version of SPU Download Manager, the model name, product code, and serial number of your product to the server administered by Sony. Sony uses this information solely for the purpose of management and diagnosis for providing Bloggie Software. SPU Download Manager does not transfer any information that may identify an individual.
- If you accept the terms of the above point 1, read the terms of the End User Licence Agreement at the bottom of the page. After reading this agreement, click "Accept".
- The download of the [SPUDownloadManager_1111a.exe] file (1.30 MB (1,379,960 bytes)) file will start.
- Save the file to the Desktop of your computer (recommended).
Step 2: Check the camera with SPU Download Manager to download Bloggie Software
Note: please log on as a user with administrative rights before you start the following operations.
- Double-click the downloaded [SPUDownloadManager_1111a.exe] file to extract.
- Open the extracted [SPUDownloadManager] folder, and double-click the [SPUDownloadManagerStarter.exe] file (96,888 bytes).
- The [SPU Download Manager] window appears. Check the items shown on the window and click [Start].
- Please make sure that your camera is connected to the computer with the USB cable here.
- Although it says “This program lets you download Sony Picture Utility.”, you can actually download Bloggie Software.
- The [File Download] window appears.
Check the name of the file to be downloaded, and click [Save] to download it to any folder you like.
- The file name may be different depending on the connected camera.
- Software to be downloaded may be changed without prior notice.
- Depending on the settings of your security software, the software may not be downloaded. In this case, please check the settings of the security software, and then download it again.
Step 3: Install Bloggie Software
- Double-click the downloaded file.
The following window appears, and the file is extracted.
Note: do not click this window while the file is being extracted.
- When the extraction is completed, the software installation window appears. Click [Install], and follow the instructions on the window to complete the installation of Bloggie Software.