Digital Voice Editor Version 3.3.01 Download Service
About this download
Sony supplies Digital Voice Editor Digital Voice Editor Version 3.3.01 which allows you to
- Save messages recorded in a Sony IC recorder onto your computer hard disk
- Play those messages back
- Edit those messages
Prior to downloading this software, please carefully read the following information:
If your model is not listed as compatible model, the connection of your unit to Vista or Win7 will not be supported even after upgrading to Ver.3.3.01
- ICD-BP Series
- ICD-MS Series
- ICD-P Series
- ICD-PX Series
- ICD-S Series
- ICD-ST Series
- ICD-MX Series
- ICD-SX Series
- ICD-BM Series
Saving and adding recorded messages:
You can save messages recorded by an IC recorder onto your computer hard disk by messages or folders.
You can also add messages saved in the computer hard disk to an IC recorder
Editing the recorded messages:
You can divide a message into two messages or combine up to five messages into one.
Converting the file format:
You can convert the file format of a message saved in the computer and save it as another file.
You can also convert a message recorded by an IC recorder into an MP3 file.
CD burning function (CD Burning Tool for DVE):
You can add messages from the Digital Voice Editor or Windows Explorer window onto the CD Burning Tool for DVE window, and then burn the data onto a CD-R/RW as an audio CD or data CD.
CD recording function (CD Recording Tool for DVE):
You can convert a CD track into a file format that complies with the Digital Voice Editor and then save the converted file on a computer hard disk.
- The Software "Digital Voice Editor Ver.3.3.01" supports ICD-PX820/PX820M/PX820D/SX750/SX850/SX850D.
- Readme has been revised to include Windows 7 support.
Your computer and system software must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
- Microsoft Windows 7 Professional
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic
- Microsoft Windows 7 Starter
- Windows Vista (Service Pack 1 or higher) Ultimate
- Windows Vista (Service Pack 1 or higher) Business
- Windows Vista (Service Pack 1 or higher) Home Premium
- Windows Vista (Service Pack 1 or higher) Home Basic
- Windows XP (Service Pack 3 or higher) Media Center Edition 2005
- Windows XP (Service Pack 3 or higher) Media Center Edition 2004
- Windows XP (Service Pack 3 or higher) Media Center Edition
- Windows XP (Service Pack 3 or higher) Professional
- Windows XP (Service Pack 3 or higher) Home Edition
- Windows 2000 Professional Service Pack 4 or higher
Operating systems other than the ones indicated above (such as Windows 98 / Windows 98SE / Windows Me/ Mac OS, or Linux) are not supported.
Microsoft Windows XP 64-bit edition is not supported.
|Products support DVE Ver.3.3.01|
|Windows 7||Windows Vista||Windows XP||Windows 2000|
|32 bit version||64 bit version||32 bit version||64 bit version||32 bit version||64 bit version|
|Models other than above||#||#||#||#|
|Models older than above|
|Models other than above|
|ICD-SX series|| ICD-SX750/SX850/SX950/SX700|
|Models older than above|
N: Not supported
#: It is supported when a memory stick supplied with ICD-MS/BM series or a recommended one is inserted in a memory stick slot of the PC.
- Computer: IBM PC/AT or compatible
- CPU: Windows XP/Windows 2000, 266MHz Pentium II processor or higher
(For Windows Vista, 800MHz Pentium III processor or higher)
(For Windows 7, 1GHz Pentium III processor or higher)
- RAM: Windows XP/Windows 2000, 128MB or more
(For Windows Vista, 512MB or more)
(For Windows 7, 1GB (32bit version), 2GB (64bit version) or more.
- Hard disk space: 300MB or more depending on the size and number of sound files you store.
- CD-ROM drive (When creating an audio CD or data CD, a CD-R/RW drive is needed)
- Port: USB port
- Sound cards compatible with any of the supported Microsoft Windows operating systems
- Display: High color (16bit) or more and 800x480 dots or more
- Internet access for Voice Mail function and CD database service
Note: The following systems are not supported.
- OS other than the ones indicated above
- Personally constructed PCs or operating systems.
- Upgraded OS
- Multi-boot environments
- Multi-monitor environments
- Operations on all the computers with the above requirements are not always assured.
How to update ?
Before downloading and installing "Digital Voice Editor 3.3.01", check the following:
If you are using Windows 7/Windows Vista/ Windows XP
To install this software in Windows 7/Windows Vista/ Windows XP, please log on using a user name with "Computer Administrators" as an attribute.
When installing the software in Windows 7/Windows Vista, the User Account Control dialogue box “Do you want to allow the following program to make changes to this computer?” or “A program needs your permission to continue” might be displayed. When you consent to the message, continue the installation.
Click here to check the Vista compatibility of your model.
Click to check the Windows 7 compatibility of your model:
If you are using Windows 2000 Professional
To install this software in Windows 2000 Professional, please log on as "Administrators"
For models ICD-P17, ICD-P27, ICD-P28, ICD-P110, ICD-P210, ICD-P320, ICD-P330F, ICD-P520, ICD-P530F, ICD-P620, ICD-P630F:
(In case you install the software onto any edition of Microsoft Windows 7* or Windows Vista 64-bit, the following “ICD-P series Confirmation” dialog box will not be displayed.)
* ICD-P17, ICD-P27, ICD-P28, ICD-P110, ICD-P210, ICD-P320, and ICD-P330F are not compatible with Windows 7.
To save or edit a DVF (TRC) file whose format used in ICD-P series, you need to install Digital Voice Editor while selecting that you use ICD-P series.
Please check Yes if "ICD-P series Confirmation" dialog box is displayed when installing.
In case you have installed while selecting that you do not use ICD-P series, please install Digital Voice Editor again while selecting you use ICD-P series.
If a previous version of Digital Voice Editor is already installed
If you install this software on a computer on which Digital Voice Editor Ver.1.x/2.x/3.0/3.1/3.2/3.3.00 is installed, please note the following points:
- In case Digital Voice Editor Ver.1.x is installed.
Please uninstall* Digital Voice Editor Ver.1.x if you do not use messages in ics file format (recorded by ICD-R100/R200).
You can select whether to uninstall Ver.1.x or not when installing Digital Voice Editor 3.3.01
- In case Digital Voice Editor Ver.2.x or 3.0 is installed.
Digital Voice Editor 3.3.01 is installed after the previous version is uninstalled*.
- In case Digital Voice Editor Ver. 3.1/ 3.2 /3.3.00 is installed.
Overwrite installation of the software will begin.
* Important note : Please uninstall the previous version according to the procedure displayed when installing Digital Voice Editor 3.3.01. The message saved in the computer and/or the option setting may not be taken over normally if you uninstall it from the uninstall function attached to the previous version.
- In case Digital Voice Editor Ver.1.x is installed.
If you have no backup of your recorded messages
If your recorded messages are saved on your computer, we recommend that you backup the messages onto a CD-R/RW disk or an external memory in case of installation failure.
Please follow the steps below to download the file.
- Create the following folder for storing the downloaded file on your hard disk: C Drive : SonyTemp
- Download DVESetup_EN.exe (96,121 KB) into the folder created at Step 1, by clicking Download at the bottom of this page to start download. Follow the instructions displayed in the dialog box.
- After the download is completed, select Views - Details in the Explorer to check the file size. If the file size is not the same as the file size showing above, try to download the file again.
If the download is completed, please follow the steps below to install the software on Windows.
- Close all currently running programs on your computer.
- Click Start on the task tray and click Run *. Then the dialog box Run will appear.
* In case of Windows 7/Windows Vista, click All Programs - Accessories - Run to open the Run dialog box.
- In the "Run" dialog box, type C:\SonyTemp\ DVESetup_EN.exe and click OK to start the installation.
(In this case, the program file DVESetup_EN.exe was downloaded into the folder C:\SonyTemp\ DVESetup_EN.exe )
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
- The installation is completed when the message "InstallShield Wizard has successfully installed Digital Voice Editor 3." is displayed. Click "Finish" and restart the computer.
- Check that the installation completed successfully: Start Digital Voice Editor, and select About Digital Voice Editor from the Help menu.
- Confirm that the version displayed is Ver.3.3.01.11240
All other trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners. In this page, ® and (TM) marks are not specified.
Please read carefully the following notices. Sony will not take any responsibilities in case of damages of sets occurred by not following the below notices.
- Please follow the procedure, and when downloaded, please make proper use of this program.
- Environments that are upgrades of the original manufacturer are not supported.
- You can change to system standby/hibernate mode at your own discretion on the Windows 7/Windows Vista specification, but do not let your computer change to system standby/hibernate mode while running Digital Voice Editor.
- When using this program, we have no responsibility for the direct or indirect loss accomplished, or related and produced damages, etc.
- This program has copyright protection. The user may not transfer and copy this program, and not grant to use it within the given use by Sony