Password Protection Manager
About this download
Password Protection Manager is Windows compatible software that enables password protection on your Sony external Hard Disk Drive.
Protect data on your unit, even as you carry it with you. Should you ever lose or forget the unit, you can keep confidential data safe by setting a password.
Password protection can be unlocked from any computer to restore reading and writing functionality. (When this software is installed, software for unlocking protection is also installed on the unit. For details on operation, refer to the Help file for this software.)
You can also separate the storage space on the unit into two partitions; one with password protection and one without.
The software supports the highly secure 256-bit AES encryption standard.
- When this software is used, the unit cannot be used with devices other than a PC. If you want to use the unit with devices other than a PC after using this software, restore the partition to its initial state with this software beforehand. (For details, refer to the Help file for this software.)
- Be aware that data stored on the unit will be deleted when this software is used to configure the unit.
- Other encryption applications cannot be used simultaneously with this software on the unit.
Compatible Operating Systems
- Windows 8 (32-bit / 64-bit)
- Windows 8 Pro (32-bit / 64-bit)
- Windows 7 (32-bit / 64-bit)
- Windows Vista (32-bit / 64-bit)
- Windows XP (32-bit)
- HD-EG5B / HD-EG5S
- HD-PG5 / HD-PG5B / HD-PG5U / HD-PG5W
Follow the steps below to download the software:
- Make sure that you are logged on as a user with administrative rights
- After reading the disclaimer, click the [Download] button below
- The download of the [Password_Protection_Manager_1.7.21.zip] file (16.2 MB) will start
- Save the file on your computer
- Open the zip file, locate Password_Protection_Manager_Setup.exe inside, and double-click it.