HD picture quality, easy to use menu, compact design, online entertainment, USB, HDMI®
Firmware updates for Sony Blu-ray players
About this download
Updating is simple and with the newest firmware version, you can get even more from your Blu-ray player.
- Date released: 31/05/2012
- Name: Blu-ray player firmware to version M09.R.0042
- Applicable models: BDP-S185, BDP-S186
- Benefits and improvements:
- BD-ROM playability improvement.
- BRAVIA Internet Video connectivity improvement.
- This update includes Cinavia™ content protection technology. Information about Cinavia technology is provided at the Cinavia Online Consumer Information Center at http://www.cinavia.com.
- Restrictions: only for use with Blu-ray players sold in Europe. Not all models are sold in all countries.
Do I need to update ?
Your firmware may already be up to date, especially if you have a new Blu-ray player model. If the version number is M09.R.0042 or higher, you do not need to update.
If you're not sure, it's easy to check which version of firmware you have:
- Turn on your TV and check it’s tuned to the input your Blu-ray player is connected to, so if the player is connected to the HDMI 2 socket, choose HDMI 2 as the input.
- Turn on the Blu-ray player. If it starts to play a disc, press STOP and wait until you see the blue Sony Blu-ray screen.
- At the XrossMediaBarTM, highlight Setup > System Settings then select ENTER using the arrow keys on the remote control.
- Highlight System Information and select ENTER .
- On the TV screen, the firmware version number looks like this:
"Software Version M09.R.0033 " - if the version number is M09.R.0042 or higher, you already have the most recent firmware version.
How to update ?
There are 2 easy ways to update the firmware on your Blu-ray player: