Support for Radio-controlled Lighting System
Relevant ProductsThis information is for the following models:
About this download
- Name: System software Ver.3.30 for ILCE-7RM2 (Mac)
- Release date: 17/08/2016
- Benefits and improvements:
- Support for Radio-controlled Lighting System
- Improves stability of the camera while shooting still images by regulating the internal temperature
- Overall stability and operability of the camera is improved.
Confirm the system software version of your camera
Follow the instructions below to check the system software version of your camera.
If the system software version is Ver.3.30 or later, the update is not required.
- Select Menu --> Setup subpage 6 --> Version on the camera.
- The system software version is displayed as illustrated below.
The latest version of the system software update is compatible with the following Mac versions:
- Mac OS X v.10.9 ~ 10.11
The latest version of the system software update is compatible with the following hardware:
CPU: Intel processor*
* Core Solo and Core Duo processors are no longer supported.
- Hard disk space: 300MB or more
- RAM: 512MB or more
Note: Please close all other application software before updating the system software. Prevent your computer from sleeping beforehand. Please do not choose "about This System Software Updater" from SystemSoftwareUpdater Menu especially while updating because it is reported that it may crash this updater software.
Power source for the camera
Fully charged rechargeable battery pack NP-FW50 or AC adapter AC-PW20 (sold separately)
Note: The update can be performed only when the remaining battery level is (three marks) or more. We recommend that you use a fully charged battery or the AC adapter AC-PW20 (sold separately). Detach the vertical grip before updating system software.
- Fully charged rechargeable battery pack NP-FW50 or AC adapter AC-PW20 (sold separately)
USB cable supplied with the camera
Note: Update functionality is not guaranteed with any other USB cable.
- When performing the system software update, please use a fully charged rechargeable battery pack NP-FW50 or the AC adapter AC-PW20 (sold separately).
- Do not remove the battery or AC adapter during the update; otherwise, the camera may become inoperable due to the sudden power shutdown.
- Remove the memory card from the camera beforehand.
- Do not be connected to other apparatuses except your computer.
Download the System Software Updater
- Make sure that you are logged on as a user with administrative rights.
- After reading the disclaimer, click the [Download] button below.
- The download of the [Update_ILCE7RM2V330.dmg] file will start.
- Save the file on your computer.
Install the software
- Start up System Software Updater
- Double-click the [Update_ILCE7RM2V330.dmg] file you downloaded. - Do not connect the camera at this point.
- [Update_ILCE7RM2V330] is expanded.
- Double-click the icon.
- To load a kernel extension, the message prompts you to allow the application to make changes. Type the password for the administrative account.
- System Software Updater starts up.
- Check the USB connection mode
According to the instruction on the System Software Updater window, select Menu --> Setup subpage 4 --> USB Connection on the camera, and check if Mass Storage is selected.
If another mode than Mass Storage is selected, please select Mass Storage.
- Connect the camera to the computer
Remove the memory card from the camera beforehand.
Connect the camera to the computer with the supplied USB cable. "USB Mode" appears on the LCD screen of the camera.
Note: Do not remove the battery or AC adaptor during the update; otherwise, the camera may become inoperable due to the sudden power shutdown.
- Check if the update is required
- After confirming the LCD monitor of the camera, click [Next]. The current version and the version after the update appear on the lower left part of the screen.
- After confirming [Current version] is "Ver.3.20" or earlier, click [Next].
- The camera automatically reset.
The screen below appears.
- Start the update
After automatically resetting, the following screen appears and the update starts. The progress bar appears while updating (approximately 15 minutes).
Note: Never turn off the camera nor disconnect the USB cable while updating.
Note: Loading icon may not be displayed depending on the OS version you are using.
- Complete the update
When the update is completed, the camera will automatically restart. Make sure the camera is turned on and wait until the LCD screen appears again. Click Finish when the LCD screen apears and disconnect the USB cable.
After restarting, recovering data caution is rarely displayed. There are no abnormalities. Please wait until this caution goes out.
- Check the system software version
Follow the instruction below to confirm the software version is Ver.3.30.
Select Menu --> Setup -->  --> Version on the camera.
The software version is displayed.