Add XAVC S recording format
Relevant ProductsThis information is for the following models:
About this download
- Name: Firmware update Ver.2.00 for DSC-RX10 (Windows)
- Release date: 28/08/2014
Benefits and improvements
Enables shooting 60p/30p/24p/120p movies in the XAVC S format that supports high bit rates
(1920×1080) 50p/25,(1280×720) 100p, (1920×1080) 60p/30p/24p,(1280×720) 120p
Note: When shooting a movie in the XAVC S format, ensure that an SDXC card of Class 10 or faster is used.
- Enables shooting 60p/30p/24p/120p movies in the XAVC S format that supports high bit rates
The latest version of the firmware update is compatible with most commonly used versions of Microsoft Windows:
- Windows® Vista* SP2
- Windows® 7 SP1
- Windows® 8
- Windows® 8.1
* Starter edition is not supported.
The latest version of the firmware update is compatible with the following hardware:
- Hard disk space: 200MB or more
- RAM: 512MB or more
Note: Please close all other application software before updating the firmware.
Power source for the camera
Fully charged rechargeable battery pack NP-FW50
Note: The update can be performed only when the remaining battery level is (three marks) or more. We recommend that you use a fully charged battery.
- Fully charged rechargeable battery pack NP-FW50
USB cable supplied with the camera
Note: Update functionality is not guaranteed with any other USB cable.
- When performing the firmware update, please use a fully charged rechargeable battery pack NP-FW50
- Do not remove the battery during the update; otherwise, the camera may become inoperable due to the sudden power shutdown
- Remove the memory card from the camera beforehand
- The firmware update takes approximately 15 minutes, therefore prevent your computer from going into sleeping mode. In case the computer would go into sleeping mode and the update would be interrupted, redo the complete update process from the start
How to download the firmware updater:
- Make sure that you are logged on as a user with administrative rights.
- At the bottom of the page, read the disclaimer and agree to the terms and conditions by clicking on the checkbox. Then, click on the Download button.
- The download of the [Update_DSCRX10V200.exe] file will start.
Save the file to the desktop of your computer (recommended).
For Windows 8 users:
Under the initial settings of Internet Explorer, the update file will be saved in the [Downloads] folder. Click the [Desktop] tile from the Start screen and find the download file in the [Downloads] folder by using Explorer.
Install the softwareOnce the file has downloaded successfully, you're ready to install the Firmware update Ver.2.00 for DSC-RX10.
Step 1: Start up the Firmware Updater
- Close all currently running programs on your computer.
Double-click the [Update_DSCRX10V200.exe] file you downloaded to start up the Firmware Updater.
The Firmware Updater window appears.
- Turn ON the camera and according to the Firmware Updater instructions, select on the camera [Menu] -> [Setup] sub-page 3 -> [USB Connection] and check if [Mass Storage] is selected. If a mode other than [Mass Storage] is selected, select [Mass Storage].
- Remove the memory card from the camera beforehand. Connect the camera to the computer with the supplied USB cable.
If the computer cannot find the camera, the message " Could not find the camera for this update." appears on the computer display. Try the following if this happens.
- Disconnect the USB cable and connect it again.
- If the computer has multiple USB terminals, try with the other terminals. Your computer may have some USB terminals on the backside.
Sometimes when the camera is connected to the computer with the USB cable, the message to encourage rebooting the computer may appear on the computer display. In this case, remove the battery pack from the camera, reboot the computer, and follow the procedures from "2. Start up Firmware Updater".
- Confirm the "Safely Remove Hardware" icon is displayed on the task tray at the lower right corner of the computer screen.
After confirming the above, click Next on the Firmware Updater window. Figure 1 appears on the Firmware Updater window, and Figure 2 appears on the LCD screen of the camera.
Note: From now on, never turn off the camera until the firmware update is completed.
Figure 1 Figure 2
- After confirming the screens on Figures 1 and 2, click [Next]. The current version and the version after the update appear on the lower left part of the screen. (Figure 3)
After confirming Current Version is
lower than 2.00
, click [Next].
If the screen on Figure 4 appears, the update is not required. According to the message, stop the USB connection and click Finish. Turn off the camera, remove the battery pack, reinsert the battery and turn on the camera.
Figure 3: Update is required.
Figure 4: Update is not required.
Click the "Safely Remove Hardware" icon on the task tray at the lower right corner of the computer screen to stop the USB connection, as instructed on figure 5.
Note: Please keep the USB cable connected even after stopping the USB connection on the computer with the above operation.
Press the center of the control wheel to execute the reset of the camera.
Note: The screen turns off when the button is pressed. Please proceed to the next step.
- Click Next on the Firmware Updater window ( Figure 5 ).
- After resetting, reconnection of the camera is verified, and the screen on Figure 6 appears.
Click Run to start the update. The progress bar appears while updating (approximately 15 minutes).
Note: Never turn off the camera nor disconnect the USB cable while updating.
- When the update is completed, the screen on Figure 7 appears. The camera will automatically restart.
Note: A message "Recovering data. Please wait..." may be displayed for a few minutes before restarting. Make sure the camera stays ON and wait until the LCD screen image appears again.
Click [Finish] when the LCD screen image appears and disconnect the USB cable.
- Turn off the camera, remove the battery pack, reinsert the battery and turn on the camera again.
Step 2: Confirm the firmware version of your camera is Ver.2.00.
On the camera, select [Menu] -> [Setup] sub-page 6 -> [Version]. If Ver. 2.00 is visible (as shown below) then the firmware version is Ver.2.00.
Step 3: Perform InitializationBe sure to perform initialization of the set after firmware update process is completed.
|Step 1: On the camera select [Menu], go |
to [Setup] sub-page 6 and select
|Step 2: Select [Initialize]||Step 3: Confirm by clicking [OK] twice|
After initialized, the camera will automatically restart.
Note: If set is not initialized, XAVC S recording may become inactive. If it is the case, please remove the battery pack, and install the battery pack again. Execute this step again.