We are engaged in a constant review of our manufacturing, operational and business practices to ensure that our products are developed in an environmentally responsible way.
Our BRAVIA TVs are packed with the latest technology and with no big environmental impact
- Energy saving features are grouped under Eco Settings, easily accessed from the TV menu.
- A light sensor automatically adjusts backlight brightness depending on ambient room light.
- Power saving mode reduces backlight levels for comfortable viewing in dim light.
- ‘Idle TV’ mode switches off the TV to save energy if there’s no user activity within a set time (or you can set the sleep timer to switch to standby too).
- PC Power Management mode switches the TV to standby automatically if no signal is received from a connected computer for 30 seconds.
We constantly review manufacturing processes to reduce the environmental impact of our products
- We use recycled paper, plastics and bio-plastics whenever possible; all materials meet ISO 11469 standards, an international system for the recycling of plastic parts.
- Packaging & parts are halogen-free, meaning less use of environmentally sensitive materials.
- Packaging is made from 35% recycled paper.
- Printing ink is VOC (volatile-organic compound) free and paper is non-chlorine bleached.
- All parts are compliant with RoHS (Restriction of Hazardous Substances) regulations.
Innovative eco thinking touches every part of our business
- We’re focusing on 3 key areas of investment: reducing CO2 gas emissions, increasing renewable energy use in manufacturing and office facilities, and minimising resources used in manufacturing.
- We’re working to make significant reductions to our carbon footprint by using smaller packages and more efficient transport methods, such as trucks with big holds.
- We’re designing every BRAVIA TV so that it consumes as little power as possible when it reaches its destination.
- We have some of the industry’s most energy-efficient TVs and are adding even more intelligent energy saving features to lower energy consumption – whether your TV is on, off or on standby.
- We’re a voluntary member of the WWF Climate Savers programme and have pledged to cut absolute carbon dioxide emissions by 7% by 2010.