The powerful MVS-8000X heads up Sony’s live production switcher range
With up to 180 inputs, 68 outputs and 40 full-function keyers, the MVS-8000X can easily handle even the biggest live events, in the production format you choose, from SD up to full 4K UHDTV.
The MVS-8000X system consists of a 10RU high processor frame and at least one control panel. 3G signal processing supports full 1080p production and allows 4k operation with the appropriate software option. Up to 4 control panels can interface to a single processor, allowing economical multi-control room installations. Larger control surfaces have their own 1U electronics unit, keeping the operator’s panel fan-free, quiet and cool.
Every MVS-8000X includes 8 full-function keyers*, each with its own 2.5D resizer as standard, on each M/E bank. The system architecture is very flexible, with multiple user-definable program outputs and aux busses.
Software options include Colour Correction and expanded Multi Program outputs.
Additional hardware options include internal Frame Memories, high quality Format Conversion and powerful Device Control, plus DME interface to control the MVE-8000A effects processor.
For the operator, the unrivalled ergonomics of the MVS user interface means no difficult learning curve when moving up from previous models of switcher. Macros, effect timelines and snapshot memories make it easy to save and recall complex setups or sequences. A range of control panels is available, including compact and rack-mounted options. Whichever panel design you choose, you can be confident that it has been honed by the hands-on experience of vision mixers and TDs worldwide for over two decades.
For the system specifier, the modular control panels and generous range of options makes it easy to configure a studio with exactly the features you need. Each MVS-8000X is individually configured to the customer’s specification, from a 2M/E 24-input compact desk up to a 5M/E 180-input powerhouse. Sony’s proven quality, combined with dependable after-sales support and software upgrades, makes the MVS-8000X an excellent long-term investment.
*8 keyers in 1080i modes, 4 keyers in 1080p modes.
• Multiformat SD to full 4k UHDTV support
• Flexible scalable architecture from 24 to 180 inputs, up to 68 configurable outputs
• Up to 40 full-function keyers with 2.5D resizer on every keyer
• Ergonomic modular control panels with user-assignable functions
• Intuitive operation with one-button macro recall
• Internal Frame Memory - store and instantly recall over 2000 frames in HD
• Device Control - connect and automate up to 24 external devices e.g. server channels, VTRs, audio processors etc.
• Full RGB Colour Correction on up to 16 inputs
• DME interface for full 3D effects – requires MVE 8000 or MVE 9000 effects unit