The PDW-F30 is built around the i.LINK interface for simple interoperability with DV and HDV-based NLEs and other devices. For high-speed integration the PDW-F30 offers i.LINK File Access Mode (FAM) capable of carrying both proxy and high resolution files faster than real-time. Using either a built-in the LCD screen or a monitor, you have full access to all the benefits of the advanced XDCAM workflow with Scene Selection, Thumbnail operations and high-speed file-based editing.
No matter how you work, the PDW-F30 offers productivity improvements impossible with tape-based media:
- As soon as you insert a Professional Disc, the PDW-F30 will display a thumbnail index of each recorded scene either on a monitor or the built-in LCD screen
- Any scene can be accessed instantly with no time-wasted due to fastforwarding/rewinding
- No need to worry about accidentally overwriting precious content
- 'Essence Marks' can be reviewed and edited to identify critical scenes
- Cut edit content on the deck itself - no need for a PC!
- Import proxy files onto your PC at 40X speed for browsing and high-speed editing
- Smart import only the full resolution content you require faster than real-time
- Up to two hours recording at 18Mb/s MPEG HD - the longest recording time for any current HD camcorder
- Built-in high quality 16:9 colour screen
Cost of ownership is critical. The PDW-F30 is designed to offer you the lowest total system cost in its class due to;
- A true SD/HD nonlinear deck for the price of an entry-level DVCAM VTR
- Compatibility with all existing DV-based NLEs via i.Link DV Stream
- Compatibility with all existing HDV-based NLEs via i.Link TS Stream (option)
- Versatility - HD/SD, NTSC/PAL etc. - means with one deck you really can cover almost any assignment
- Little or no maintenance costs due to revolutionary optical drive
- Silver Support pack supplied as standard
- Traditional Sony build quality and design ensures high reliability
- Professional Discs can be reused for 10,000 rewrite cycles, equivalent to 30 years at one use/working day - all for the same price of a single tape!
- Multiple suppliers of Professional Disc media
Compatibility with today and tomorrow's workflow
The PDW-F30 is built around support for existing standards such as DV/DVCAM and open standards like MXF so you've got the maximum flexibility to use it just the way you want.
- Stay with DV/DVCAM format to work with existing non-linear editors via traditional i.Link DV interface
- i.LINK, analogue video, analogue audio interfaces for connectivity to a wide range of editing systems
- i.Link File Access Mode (FAM) interface for high-speed, file-based connectivity to a PC
- Optional network interface for sharing content on a standard IT-based network
- i.LINK TS option for easy connectivity to HDV
- MXF open standard ensures maximum compatibility with new generation NLEs
- Long-term accessibility - storing content as files means you will always be able to access data in the future
Smarter, Faster Archiving
You don't need an expensive IT-storage system to revolutionise the way you store, retrieve and manage your archive material. While Professional Discs costs the same as tape, they're a true high-speed, non-linear media with a wealth of advanced meta-data automatically generated in camera.
- Import metadata and/or low resolution proxies onto your PC hard drive for a smart, searchable mirror of your high resolution archive
- Locate , watch and even edit proxy clips quickly using fast search of meta data, then instantly locate the archived high resolution content
- Non-linear media means faster, more reliable access to valuable archive content
- Professional Discs will retain information for 50 years in normal conditions
- Because information is stored as data files, there's no worries about video standards not being around in years to come