The most versatile camcorder in its price range; it's your choice to shoot in SD or HD, to use your familiar AV-based way of working or XDCAM's world-leading advanced AV/IT workflow.
The PDW-F335 is a true-shoulder mount camcorder, perfectly balanced to fit on your shoulder.
The PDW-F335 is exceptionally versatile; at the flick of a switch you have the choice of shooting 50i/59.94i/23.98P/25P/29.97P pictures in DV and HD. So you can shoot a local news assignment today, a wedding video tomorrow and your independent short film the day after - all with the same camera, all with the exact settings required to excel in each application.
At the heart of the PDW-F335 is XDCAM Professional Disc - the world's bestselling, most affordable and most widely supported non-linear acquisition system. The benefits of XDCAM begin from the moment you begin shooting. You can mark key scenes manually, then review scenes by simply selecting their thumbnail images on the colour fold-out screen. Non-linear media means instant scene access and there's no need to worry about overwriting content either.
And by using the latest 50GB Dual Layer Professional Disc, recording times are increased to more than 3 hours when shooting DVCAM, and to around 2.5 hours when shooting high quality HD.
With XDCAM HD you choose the pace at which you move to the full potential of an advanced AV/IT, file-based workflow. For post-production, the PDW-F335 outputs a standard DV-based stream so your existing NLE set-up will work with it just the same as a DV/DVCAM camcorder. You can also replay material via an XDCAM HD deck, such as the PDW-F75, for high definition MXF file transfer to your edit system.
The PDW-F335 is engineered to provide you with the most cost-effective and versatile camcorder you can imagine for the way you work today and tomorrow
The PDW-F335 is the ideal bridge between today's DV/SD world and tomorrow's advanced AV/IT HD workflow. For the price of a standard definition tape-based camcorder you're ready for all the opportunities of High Definition and file-based production.
No matter how you work, the PDW-F335 offers productivity improvements impossible with tape-based media:
- The Professional Disc can be loaded and ready to shoot faster than tape
- No need to worry about accidentally overwriting precious content
- ' Essence Mark' key scenes at the touch of a button
- Thumbnail images representing key scenes can be browsed and instantly accessed using on-camera colour screen
- No frantic fast-forward/rewinding to find the clips you want to review
- Cut and edit content on the camera itself - no need for a PC!
- Import proxy files onto your PC at high speed for fast browsing and editing
- Smart import only the full resolution content you require faster than real-time
- More than 248 minutes when recording at 18Mb/s MPEG HD using Dual Layer Professional Disc - the longest recording time for any current professional HD camcorder
- Compatible with Single Layer Professional Disc media
Cost of ownership is critical. The PDW-F335 is designed to offer you the lowest total system cost in its class due to:
- Highly competitive pricing for camcorder with or without lens
- Compatibility with existing SD or HD ½" lenses ensures wider choice of configurations at an affordable price-point
- Compatibility with most DVCAM accessories maximises existing investments
- Compatibility with all existing DV-based NLEs via i.LINK DV Stream
- Versatility - HD/SD, NTSC/PAL etc. - means with one camcorder you really can cover almost any assignment
- Little or no maintenance costs due to revolutionary optical drive
- Traditional Sony build quality and design ensures high reliability
- Professional Discs can be reused for 10,000 rewrite cycles, equivalent to 30 years at one use/working day - all for the same price of a single tape!
- Multiple suppliers of Professional Disc media
Compatibility with today and tomorrow's workflow
The PDW-F335 is built around support for existing standards such as DV/DVCAM and open standards like MXF so you've got the maximum flexibility to use it just the way you want:
- Stay with DV/DVCAM format to work with existing non-linear editors via traditional i.LINK interface
- i.LINK, analogue video, analogue/digital audio interfaces for connectivity to a wide range of editing systems
- i.LINK File Access Mode (FAM) interface for high-speed, file-based in/out connectivity to a PC
- MXF open standard ensures maximum compatibility with new generation NLEs
- Long-term accessibility - storing content as files means you will always be able to access data in the future
Faster, Smarter Archiving
You don't need an expensive IT-storage system to revolutionise the way you store, retrieve and manage your archive material. While Professional Discs costs the same as tape, they're a true high-speed, non-linear media with a wealth of advanced meta-data automatically generated in camera:
- Import metadata and/or low resolution proxies onto your PC hard drive for a smart, searchable mirror of your high resolution archive
- Locate, watch and even edit proxy clips quickly using fast search of metadata, then instantly locate the archived high resolution content
- Non-linear media means faster, more reliable access to valuable archive content
- Professional Discs will retain information for 50 years in normal conditions
- Because information is stored as data files, there's no worries about video standards not being around in years to come