New flexibility, new features, new opportunities
The HVR-Z7E is the world's first HDV handheld camcorder with an interchangeable lens system, native progressive recording, and solid-state memory recording.
A variety of video lenses can be attached to the HVR-Z7E, which is equipped with a universal standard 1/3-inch bayonet mount mechanism for the quick changing of lenses.
Added to this a streamlined nonlinear editing workflow can be achieved using the supplied memory-recording unit, which provides HDV/DVCAM/DV file recording on a standard CompactFlash® solid-state memory card. This offers customers varying levels of flexibility and hybrid operation which is becoming an important requirement in video production.
The HVR-Z7E also features 25p HDV native progressive recording mode and HDMI output.
This new handheld Camcorder further enhances the operational versatility of the Sony professional HDV lineup, and opens up a world of possibilities for high-definition digital video production. Whether it's for documentaries, general TV production, low-budget movies, music videos, IPTV, education, or a wide range of corporate and event videography applications, Sony's new HVR-Z7E is ideal.
NEW Interchangeable Lens System
This camcorder is fitted with a new 1/3inch interchangeable lens system allowing customers either to use the supplied Carl Zeiss lens or use a whole range of other lenses available on the market.
- This is the first compact camcorder to offer interchangeable lens options.
- Flexible usage - the camera can be used for a myriad of different applications using different lenses, from TV work, through to budget movie making and with the use of still's lenses, wildlife videography.
- Various optional lens adaptor rings will allow conversion to 1/2inch or 2/3inch, plus an additional lens adaptor for Sony Alpha lenses.
- The supplied lens features professional operation with a new manual focus ring and zoom and iris rings.
NEW 1/3inch ClearVid CMOS Processor
Newly developed 1/3inch x 3 ClearVid CMOS processor offers high resolution, high sensitivity, wide dynamic range and excellent colour reproduction.
- Offers greater resolution than existing pixel-shift technologies regardless of the balance between colour elements.
- Offers great low-light capabilities especially important for camera operators who cannot control their ambient lighting., e.g. wedding videographers.
- Lower power consumption than traditional CCD's.
- 'Exmor' technology employed in the the new CMOS processor reduces noise in the A/D process.
NEW Selectable 25p Progressive Modes
The HVR-Z7E offers the ability to choose between a 25p scanning mode (sames as HVR-V1E) but also a 25p 'native' recording mode. In this native recording mode the picture is both scanned and recorded as a progressive image.
- Further improves the progressive reproduction by both scanning and recording progressively.
- Provides further flexibility of use. e.g. The camera can be used for a variety of applications from budget-movie making in 25p mode to standard interlace TV productions.
- Offers camera operators the use of the progressive 'filmic look', coupled with gamma curve correction makes the camera ideal for movie production.