SxS PRO & SxS-1 - Device Driver for Macintosh – September 2009
August 2011: Update on Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion)
July 2011: Update on Mac OS X 10.6.8
To transfer and edit video shoots recorded on all SxS cards on computers using Mac OS
Before downloading any SxS Device Driver, read the following agreement.
Device Driver for Macintosh – September 2009
To transfer and edit videos shoot on all SxS cards onto your computer when using Mac OS
August 2011: Update on Mac OS X 10.7
Malfunction caused by using SxS device driver (ver. 1.0.45050) with Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion)
Sony has found that, with regard to Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion) and SxS device driver (ver. 1.0.45050), when used on Mac with the previous version SxS Device Driver (ver. 1.0.45050), if you upgrade the OS to Mac OS X Lion (released on July 20, 2011), a 'Incompatible Software' pop up shows on the screen and the SxS Driver is moved to a folder named 'Incompatible Software'. You cannot use your SxS Memory Card with your Lion OS Mac unless you install the latest version SxS Device Driver (ver. 1.0.52020). To prevent this error from occurring, update your SxS Device Driver to the latest version (1.0.52020) before upgrading the OS to the Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion). To cope with the error, install the latest version (1.0.52020) SxS Driver to the Mac with OS X 10.7 (Lion).
July 2011: Update on Mac OS X 10.6.8
Users of MacBook PRO* with Intel CoreDuo Processor （*Early 2006 Model: MA464/MA092）
Sony has found that when you update the OS to Mac OS X 10.6.8 (released on June 23, 2011) and insert an SxS Memory Card into its ExpressCard slot, a message will appear to say you need to restart your CoreDuo-based MacBook PRO.
As a result, we do not recommend that you update your OS to 10.6.8.
If you have already updated your OS and could not switch back to the previous version (such as 10.6.7), please use your SxS card in an XDCAM or XDCAM EX video recording product, connecting it to your Mac via the USB cable. You may also be able to use your card with an "SxS Memory Card Reader/Writer SBAC-US10”, which is sold separately.
- Recommended Macintosh OS Environment:
- Mac OS X v10.4 (v10.4.9 or later)
- Mac OS X v10.5 (v10.5.0 or later)
- Mac OS X v10.6 (v10.6.0 or later)
*These OS must be factory-installed. Operation is not guaranteed for operating systems later than the one described above.
- File Name: SxS_Device_Driver_v1052020.dmg
- File Size (before compression): 1,119,724 byte
- Version: 1.0.52020
1. Please read the software license agreement and go to accept if you agree to the terms and conditions.
2. Download the file.
3. Once the file is downloaded, select ‘Get info’ from ‘file’ menu and check the file size.
If the name and the size are ‘SxS_Device_Driver_v1052020.dmg (1,119,724 byte)’, the downloading was successful. If this is not the case, delete the file and try to download it again.
4. Make sure to disconnect the SxS memory card and to quit all other applications before SxS Device Driver installation.
5. Double click on the SxS_Device_Driver_v1052020.dmg and start the installation according to the message of the installer window.
6. Double click on the SxS_Device_Driver Installer. Once the installation is completed, click on the [Restart] button.
7. Insert an SxS memory card into ExpressCard slot. The SxS memory card will be recognized as removable drive.
How to check your Driver Version:
- Install the SxS Device Driver and restart your computer according to the message window.
- Insert an SxS memory card into the ExpressCard slot
- Select ‘About This Mac’ from ‘Apple’ menu and click on ‘More Info'
- Check the driver version at ‘System Profiler‘ Window. ‘System Profiler’ --- ‘Software’ --- ‘Extensions’ --- ‘SxS Memory Card’ --- Version
This device driver is supported by PC ExpressCard/34 or ExpressCard 54 slot (standard equipment). Before beginning the following procedure, ensure that the SxS card is disconnected from the computer. During the installation of this update, be sure that you are logged in as the administrator or as a user with administrative rights. To ensure that no other program interferes with the installation, save all work and close all other programs. The taskbar should be clear of applications before proceeding. Operation is not guaranteed for all computers even if they comply with the recommended environment.