I have a problem playing blu ray discs via the media centre, it simply states there is no blu ray software installed. DVD discs play fine.
This may seem easy but I have had a very good computer savvy friend look at it and he has but the following bullets points:-
- The updated nvidia drivers from sony vaio website has been installed correctly
- The new firmware drivers for the Matshita blue ray drive has been updated – via sony website
- All vista is completely up to date.
- Power DVD Ultra 8 installed and fully working.- still errors reading blue ray discs – not software issue !
- Power DVD Ultra 10 trial installed with updates – still errors reading blue ray discs – not software issue!
- Reads DVD discs ok just not Blue ray ! I believe there is an error with the drive when reading blu ray discs, has been a problem also with some of Sony’s vaio matshita blue ray drives. As blu ray has to be read from the start of the disc (different place to DVD discs – which is the opposite side), and this could be the issue not reading the blue ray discs correctly as laser may be slightly out of sync.
I am not as technical as my friend who looked at it but would welcome suggestions as to what he can try for me next to solve this problem.